No "Services" menu item in CE 2.0.0

I just upgraded from portainer/portainer 1.22.0 to portainer-portainer-ce 2.0.0, and I noticed that I don’t have any Services meny item on the left. I don’t think I’ve ever had one, but I wonder why, and if it might be 2.0 specific?

My stacks are created from compose files manually managed, and they have the structure that I believe is required for services to be registered.

My Docker engine is 18.06.0-ce (API: 1.38). What am I missing? Sample compose yaml:

version: '2.2'
services:

# Home automation - Home Assistant
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant:0.105.0
    volumes:
      [...yada yada...]

# Conbee stick+software and ZigBee network - Deconz
  deconz:
    container_name: deconz
    image: marthoc/deconz
    network_mode: host
    restart: always
    devices:
      [... yada yada...]

… and so on.

Hi
Thanks for reaching us.Kindly pl rollback and plan for upgrade till 1.24 . lets make sure all service works in this release and then upgrade from 1.24 to 2.0. also please run docker-ce to the latest version of 19.03

Thanks! So, is there any schematic changes between 1.2x and 2.0.0 that needs to be reverted when downgrading?

Hi, It depends on how the environment was deployed. However I didnt see any schematic changes, Similar issue we have noticed through community slack. user just changed the image name in stack and pulled 1.24 to run the service smooth

Ok, so I upgraded docker-ce, and the engine according to Portainer is now running 19.03. That produced no change, still no “Services” link on the left.

I downgraded Portainer from portainer-ce 2.0.0 to portainer 1.24.0, and still no “Services”.

Am one required to configure something to have that menu item appear?

Ok, I figured it out - I needed a swarm created. I actually didn’t think services was dependant on swarms, but that was a sloppy assumption.

I created a swarm on the main node, and restarted the portainer container, and now I see “Services” in the menu in Portainer.

Thanks!

1 Like